Sunday, January 25, 2009

My grandmother is a very special lady. She has always advised us rotten grandkids that it´s unhealthy to eat at a late hour. Well, Grandma would love Peru. Now, since I´ve been in Peru for an entire week, I feel authorized to speak of Peruvians in grand generalizations. In Peru, they eat their biggest meal for lunch, and for dinner they eat something light, like a sandwich. I can´t remember what this meal was called but it was amazing. They have spices in Peru that I´ve never tasted before. This meal was even better than Peggy McIntyre´s cooking.

With each meal we always have fresh juice: mango, corn, banana, strawbery and banana, pineapple, orange, peach, passion fruit, and star fruit (I don´t actually know what this fruit is called in English, but it looks like a star). But do you know what would make these meals better? If I could share them with people from home. It´s funny really, of all the experiences I´ve had in other countries, those I most wish I could share with my friends and family are the meals. Each time I taste something new, especially in a foreign environment, I realize I may never have the expereince again.

The greatest part of this big lunch is afterwords you fall asleep for a while.

3 comments:

  1. My Thoughts:
    #1- Grandma would be proud
    #2- Corn Juice?
    #3- It's called "Star Fruit" here in the US
    #4- I'm surprised that the the thing that could make the meal better wasn't something in relation to the cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Grandma.....such a wonderful lady. Such good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL, I GUESS WE SHOULD ALL THANK GRANDMA FOR HER WISDOM. SOUNDS GOOD. GLAD YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR STAY.

    ReplyDelete