Wednesday, January 21, 2009


The sun is really hot. It will burn you. Even though it´s really far away, it will still burn you. And maybe you didn´t know this, but, the closer you get to the equator, the closer you get to the sun. So if you´re white like milk, and near the equator you will get burned. It doesn´t matter how much your mother has you worried about skin cancer, or that you just discussed the matter with a doctor. It doesn´t matter that you´ve put on expensive sun block that the nurse sold you. It doesn´t matter that the wind is blowing and you don´t feel the sun. It doesn´t matter how attractive your body is (this was a bitter pill to swallow).The sun will burn you like gasoline burnes turtles, if of course the turtles are lit on fire.

8 comments:

  1. howdy, wow that looks like it feels good! Thuey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't know anything about turtles being lit on fire after being doused with gasoline, do you?
    Anyway, on to the matter at hand. OUCH! That looks like the worst thing ever. My first question is why were you running around without a shirt on and my second question is how long did it take to get that burnt? Just as a tip, my friend Heidi says that if you put mustard on it, the sting goes away. However, that's gonna take a whole lot of mustard and I'm not even sure if they have mustard where you are. You might be screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, sorry to post again, but Natalee just came in and we just had this conversation:
    Nat: Woah, what is that? (said quite dramatically of course)
    Me: It's Dallas.
    Nat: What happened?
    Me: He got sunburned.
    Nat: He should wear a shirt.
    I think that's probably good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you are going to talk about your sunburn, why dont you take off that red shirt so we can see it?

    skipper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!! Did you apply the sunscreen often? I got a good sunburn like that the first time I went to the lake here. I guess cause Arizona is closer to the equator than Utah. Now I know to put the sunscreen on every hour so that doesn't happen again. You should try the mustard thing....unless you can't find it. Good luck brother. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! Thank you for adding me to your adventure. I want to invite you to share in mine. You won't hear about me but I'll be the one behind the camera. Always a little crazy...... comedybailout.blogspot.com

    Be peaceful.....

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, Dallas, you look even hotter in this picture than in your last one. Heh heh.

    (And I hope you tried the mustard suggestion, mostly because I think that would be hilarious. And messy. And mustard definitely stains, so I wonder if the yellow would outlast the sunburn? Awesome.)

    ReplyDelete