Saturday, January 24, 2009



While I was traveling around Lima, I must have seen the Twilight cover nearly twenty times. But it didn´t say Twilight; it said Crepusculo, and everytime I saw it I thought, "Wow, I guess that mormon girl wrote a fourth Twilight book, and this new book has a weird name." I didn´t think about that fact that I was in Peru or that everything else around me was written in Spanish. Eventually it clicked, and I felt stupid. Crepusculo is Spanish for Twilight. Later I was invited to a movie, and the only one I recognized was Crepusculo. So I watched it. The film was in English with Spanish subtitles. Now..., I don´t know if it was just the familiarity of a medium in English or something else, but I liked the movie. In fact, it made me want to read the books, which is more surprising because all my high brow freinds ridiculed the books and the film. However, after seeing those dishy diamondy vampires, I wish for my milky pale skin again instead of this blotchy lobster red that looks like leprosy.

2 comments:

  1. Dallas, all i can say is you must REALLY miss the states, and it is having a strange effect on you. but after you read them i am sure that Nia will want you to convinve me to read them. But then i would have to go to a forgeign country to enjoy them as well, so she may need to weigh things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dallas....that mormon lady wrote a fourth twilight book. It was called "Breaking Dawn"

    ReplyDelete